2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Reviews

First year of ownership2008
Most recent year of ownership2014

Summary:

Great ride for this size bike, and you can't beat the cost

The only problem I'm having now. It stalls when I come to a stop and it shuts down when I start it up. Have to start it a few times, then it runs for a while, then shuts down.

General Comments:

Overall! This is one Hell of a bike. I love everything about the bike. The color, handling, speed, comfort, reliability, and it's easy to dress it up.

Review Date: 26th May, 2014

First year of ownership2009
Most recent year of ownership2009
Previous motorcycleHonda VF750C Magna

Summary:

A nice motorcycle for the money

While washing the bike, the lens cap on the front turn signal fell off.

General Comments:

Unable to use the helmet lock as the saddlebags hide it and I cannot insert the key behind the saddlebags.

The bike has good power for a vtwin of that size.

Good looking with nice features.

Seat starts to burn after an hour of riding.

Get some buzz in the grips.

Bike whines when getting up around 40mph.

The bike seems to be a little top heavy.

However it handles nicely at speeds other than slow.

Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 5th June, 2009

First year of ownership2008
Most recent year of ownership2008
Previous motorcycleHonda GL1000 Gold Wing

Nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

Beautiful bike, there is no doubt. It's a real head turner! Mine is red and white with the full complements of the C50T model accessories.

I bought it used off Craigslist and it was only 4 months old. Previous owner added many goodies that I would have added myself (i.e. light bar, passenger floorboards, cruise lock, rear luggage rack). I was sold immediately.

This is my first bike in over 20 years. I had a '82 Goldwing before. I could have gone bigger, but at my current age I wanted something lighter and real nimble. I found it in this machine. It's light enough for in town cruising, yet heavy enough for freeway riding. A good mid-weight bike! But unlike my old wing, this ride does produce some vibes from the v-twin. The vibes are most note able through the floorboards, at speeds above 65 MPH. Fortunately though, the vibes do not effect the mirrors, however.

Keeping it clean isn't all that hard either. I thought the white wall tires might be a problem, but I found them very easy to clean. Just spray the white walls with Westley's Blech-Wite tire cleaner (which can be found most anywhere), lightly scrub with an old tooth brush, and then rinse off. Voila, egg shell white! It doesn't get any easier!

For my purposes this machine is great and does what I wanted! I highly recommend it to anyone! Even if I sometimes might not be able to ride it, I can still enjoy just looking at something so beautiful!

Review Date: 19th September, 2008

23rd Feb 2013, 20:06

I have a 2006 used C50t. It came with throw over saddle bags, which I will be changing to hard mount, a dust cover, windshield, running light bar, two helmets and a battery tender. It had 4,000 miles on it, and had the 800 mile service done, including a valve adjustment.

The bike is immaculate, never used in the rain, and never dumped. I paid $5,750 in June 2011 and now have 8,500 miles on it. Perfect weight for me, love the ride, and also sometimes when I can't ride it, I just look at it and admire it.

I change the oil every 3,500 miles and filter at every other oil change. Although the battery was doing fine, since it was six years old I changed it. Also had second valve adjustment at 7,500 mile. Would like to have a disc brake in rear instead of the drum, a tach and a fuel gauge.

I had rented a Harley Road King, and although it had a little more power, my bike has plenty for me, and is much smoother, especially at idle. I took it to Florida this past January for two weeks, and myself and two brothers had a great time enjoying that beautiful bike weather.