21st Apr 2019, 20:04

For some strange reason I found myself here again today. It's been a long time since my update and much has changed since I invested in a newer Harley back in 2015. I did mean to keep both for a while and then decide which way to go, but I bit the bullet and sold the Savage to someone desperate to get one. But circumstance meant I didn't get as much out of the Harley as I should have. I took ill and thought I'd never ride again, but I'm back almost to full health after an SAH which left me with some titanium in my head that filled up the aneurysm, but I have another untreated one which is being monitored; cut to the chase the Harley is just too heavy for me now. I'm not ready to give up biking yet, so guess what(!!), I now have another Savage Yay!!!! This one is older than the last one and almost 25 years older than the Harley (that I still have at the moment), but my new Savage was imported from the US, went through a customs house in the south of England and is mint; well it is at the moment as I haven't used it that much and it was stored and covered well when I got it mid winter. This is Scotland though so it is going to have to toughen up a bit. It is a stunning bike, but no way is it standard; an original 1986, 4 gear but with upgrades to the paint, exhaust, carb, air filter etc and it has been chopped a bit, so much lighter than the last one with much more power. A few tweaks still to do as some of the changes don't suit me, like flat, wide bars (I have original bull horns to go back on) and I need a bit more luggage space as the backseat has shrunk and it no longer has a backrest (which was handy for placing my helmet when stopped on the last one). I think I'll need to invest in a couple of tool rolls to carry small quantities of needed stuff with me as this one doesn't even have the tool box on it anymore. However some of the quirky stuff is still there like the backfire (but not nearly as noticeable or frequent as on my last one with the standard pipe). The colour scheme on this one is a little strange, but nice, it is white over grey with an orange pin stripe, but the seats and the handlebar grips are brown; it certainly stands out, but I really like it and it is going to give me loads more fun, fun, fun. Loving life and loving biking at the moment.