Yamaha Majesty 400 Reviews

Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2012
Previous motorcycleYamaha YP250 Majesty

Summary:

King of the Road

Nothing.

General Comments:

I'm not one for cliches, but the Yahama Majesty 400 is truly King of the Road.

I've had it for one year, and have just used it in the city, and was satisfied going at 50 mpg, weaving in and out of traffic with ease, and using it to go to work and back.

I am now a quarter of a way through a trip from Scotland - Germany - Poland - Ukraine - Romania - Serbia - Hungary - Germany - Scotland, and have not been disappointed. The windy Scottish roads were taken with ease, and the German autobahns were weaved through. I was a bit anxious about the motorway riding, as I had had an Xmax 250 and was blown around like a paper bag, but the Majesty was very stable. It has a nice cruising speed of 80 mph, and has an impressive 72 mpg.

The only problem I have had is getting my head blown off, as the visor is not that high, which has led to discopathy in my neck and a pulled muscle in my shoulder. However this is entirely my fault for not putting the practice in. It handles the long queue of traffic at the border with contempt, and as cagers were sitting twiddling their fingers, I was weaving in and out, avoiding the oncoming lorries and heat.

I have a nice little Yamaha bag between my legs, a bag on the seat and a top box, and have used half the storage space under the seat. More than enough room for a small laptop, spa clothes and odds and ends, and a little left over should I want to buy something interesting in Amsterdam on the way back.

It has been as hot as 37 degrees on the road, and the engine is handling it and no engine oil is being used. I feel very safe on it because of the maneuverability and the speed. A comfortable 75 mph on main roads, with a bit of uumph to get past the cagers and crawlers. Even at 80 mph on the motorway, I know I can still ride my way out of trouble.

I am now headed for the mountains of Ukraine, Romania and Serbia, and cannot wait. It goes up hills with the greatest of ease and has plenty of power. I am not a show off or a Sunday rider; I bought the Majesty as a means to an end, a mode of transport to work, a vacation bike and a relaxer. It is very comfortable and does not give you time to think. The seating position is fine for the lumbar region, with the spare seat acting as a cushion. For me, this bike is King of the Road.

Review Date: 5th January, 2012

2010 Yamaha Majesty 400 from United States of America

Model year2010
Year of manufacture2010
First year of ownership2011
Most recent year of ownership2011
Previous motorcycleBMW R 1200 RT

Summary:

Best Maxi scooter on the road

I have had no problems with the 3 Yamaha Majesty's that I have owned.

General Comments:

I have had 3 Yamaha Majesty's over the years, and I just purchased a new 2010 model. I have owned a Yamaha Vino 125, 3 Majesty's, 2005 Honda Silver Wing scooter, 2008 Burgman 650 and a 2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 GT.

Of all the scooters that I have owned, I would rate the Majesty at the top. It is a well made and designed scooter. I have taken mine on cross country trips, and it performs great and gets 60 to 62 mpg on the highway all day.

The Silver Wing and Burgman were nice, but not as comfortable, and the gas mileage was only in the 40's.

The Majesty has the most storage of any scooter, and the motor is bullet proof. I have had no problems with my Majesty's. The Burgman was the only scooter that gave me problems with failed drive gears twice.

Review Date: 26th February, 2011