2007 Yamaha Majesty 400 from United States of America

Summary:

The Majesty is an attractive, well rounded, comfortable and reliable scooter

Nothing.

General Comments:

This is an excellent well rounded scooter.

I'm 5'7" and ergonomically it is spot on for me. It is comfortable for long periods and handles very well in city traffic, and is more stable than I expected on the highway at cruising speeds. At city speeds it steers very quickly compared to cruisers, which takes a short time to get used to, but becomes an asset in maneuvering around traffic.

I get from 57 to 68 mpg depending on how I ride.

The Majesty gives good weather protection and has nice storage capacity. I can store my helmet, jacket, gloves, extra tools, maps, water bottles, laptop computer, camera, and still have some room left over.

None of the bodywork rattles and the exhaust note is unobtrusive.

I wouldn't change a thing except for the horn. It is just loud enough for a bicycle. I replaced mine with a cheapo horn from Autozone, which was a big improvement.

I've owned a couple dozen bikes of all sizes (100 to 1500cc) over more than thirty years and the Majesty overall has been the most versatile and fun to ride. It's easy to run errands on, commute daily with, and I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to load it up and go cross country.

I ride year round (in Ohio) except when it is icy, and it always starts right up in all temperatures, and has been absolutely reliable and even handles well in the rain.

The dual headlights light up the road as well as my Goldwing, and better than my Ford Ranger.

The windshield is made of lexan so it doesn't scratch as easily as some other bikes I've owned.

If something happened to this one, I'd turn right around and buy another one - unless, of course, if Mama yama saw fit to bring the TMax to our shores. Then I'd have to think about it.

Review Date: 29th April, 2008

14th Oct 2011, 14:25

Everyone likes to comment on how reliable these scooters are. I don't think one can say anything is reliable after a year or two at most, and at most 2000 miles.

6th Sep 2012, 06:59

I'm going into my third year with a 2009, and have recently exceeded 13000 miles. So far, nothing but oil changes and tires.

2007 Yamaha Majesty 400 from United States of America

Summary:

Smooth and powerful

General Comments:

Awesome road machine, can run with the big dogs and then some.

Needs a throttle lock and bigger range.

Review Date: 20th March, 2008

2006 Yamaha Majesty 400 from United States of America

Summary:

High quality, go anywhere, do anything

Nothing.

General Comments:

Quick, I have had it up to 85 mph (130 km) with no strain.

Very comfortable.

Lots of storage. Main underseat compartment is large but oddly shaped.

Bears a passenger very easily. Passenger is comfortable, but sits a little high.

Windshield is short.

Very easy to use.

Review Date: 17th September, 2007

2005 Yamaha Majesty 400 from Poland

Summary:

Very good

General Comments:

In my opinion the Majesty 400 is very comfortable.

It is really fast, and accelerates easily.

Review Date: 31st March, 2007

2005 Yamaha Majesty 400 from United States of America

Summary:

Own one and you'll never give it up

General Comments:

This 400cc superscooter rocks. It does everything as well as my old Kawasaki Ninja 900, and adds comfort, wind protection, storage, awesome mpg, and lower operating costs.

And it handles like it's on rails. Once you get used to the small wheels, it's a piece of cake. It can do curves, freeways, whatever you throw at it easy.

Acceleration - this is one huge surprise, I can blast past cars at stop lights and on freeways.

It's one heck of a vehicle. For the low price Yamaha sells it for, it's a steal. Best bike I ever tried. I will forever be a Yamaha scooter fan.

Review Date: 2nd May, 2006

2006 Yamaha Majesty 400 from United States of America

Summary:

This is a well-integrated scooter

Nothing mechanical has gone wrong.

The only fault with the scooter is that various plastic parts clack and rattle whenever I hit a bump with the tires inflated to their proper level. Many areas of the scooter rattle and have to be insulated/isolated with foam rubber to stop the rattles.

General Comments:

Powerful and purposeful design.

The ignition switch is too far down to be readily accessed. The ignition switch should be higher up for the rider's convenience.

Review Date: 23rd December, 2005

11th Sep 2010, 18:20

I have a 2006 Yamaha 400 Majesty, and I have put 28000 miles on it in about a year and a half, and have never had any problems at all; nothing has ever went wrong or broke on it until the other day when it suddenly lost power. It starts real good and runs real good, but it just doesn't have any power. I can only get around 5000 rpms out of it and about 60 miles per hr., and very slow starting out from a stop. Has anyone ever had this problem? If so, please let me know what caused it. I have taken it to a dealer, and they have spent a lot of costly hours on it, and just can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Chuck.

21st Oct 2011, 09:19

Throttle body diaphragm has some very small tears rips (tears) because it is soft rubber. Replace it. Part is about US$23. Hour or two labor. Common issue.

- From the guy who posted the fix.

2005 Yamaha Majesty 400 from United States of America

Summary:

It is the most comfortable and fun bike I have ever owned

I have had the Yamaha Majesty for about 5 months now and nothing has gone wrong. It has performed flawlessly.

General Comments:

This scooter is very fast and comfortable at all speeds.

It gets approx 55mpg.

With the Givi top case I have a total of 106 liters of storage.

Great scooter.

I have had this scooter up to 108 mph indicated, which is about 97 mph actual. It is very fast and comfortable. I am still surprised at how fast this scooter is. I have had many motorcycles before and would say this or the 883 Sportster was my favorite.

There is plenty of storage and is very comfortable going 80 indicated (about 72-74 actual) for long periods of time. I realize many people don't like scooters, but the new maxi scooters are very fast, comfortable and able to cruise with motorcycles with no trouble. And it is probably the most balanced bike I have ever had too.

Review Date: 4th December, 2005

22nd Apr 2006, 05:51

55 MPG? Slow down Hot Shot. You should be getting 55-65mpg.

16th Aug 2006, 15:17

I have had my Yamaha Majesty for 1 year now. I have 8500 miles on it and run the interstate to and from work. I cruise at about 70 mph and get 63 mpg. I am very happy with the performance so far.

I am concerned about the v belt change coming up at 12,500 miles. Has anyone changed one yet themselves? The cost of the belt alone was quoted at 297.00. I hope to do the work myself.