Yamaha Majesty 400 Reviews - Page 2 of 3

2005 Yamaha Majesty 400 from United States of America

Model year2005
Year of manufacture2004
Previous motorcycleHonda CS450

Summary:

A blast to ride; fun, speedy, maneuverable

Gas mileage recently dropped off -- from ~62 to ~49.5. It's certainly possible that I've just gotten harder on the throttle. Service due soon; the dealership has been pretty helpful, and I'm fairly confident that I'll find out then.

General Comments:

Hmm. Well, just to get it out of the way -- it feels a bit too high, to me. I'm 5'9" and if I was any shorter I'd not be able to fit both feet on the ground (while sitting) at once. That said -- I can see over most cars, which is nice in traffic, and they're less likely to miss the bike moving down the road. Balance is just fine, too, and it handles well!

No problems at all keeping up -- or passing *quickly* -- other traffic. Yeah, it's a bit of a rattler over bumps, but sticks to the road just fine, even in fairly high (25mph) wind. Still has power to accelerate past the idiots (even if they're idiots moving at 70+), and will stop when you need it to!

I got this one used from a friend who'd put the first 18k on it (oh yes, the price was right), and if I ride this one into the ground I'll seriously consider getting another, rather than those cruisers that I've had my eye on. You can't beat the storage without getting a car, and you can park 'em anywhere.

Love it!

Review Date: 9th December, 2008

2007 Yamaha Majesty 400 from United States of America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Previous motorcycleHonda Honda 700 Shadow

Summary:

A BLAST to own and ride!

Nothing.

General Comments:

I bought this scooter after renting a Honda Beat scooter on the island of Cozumel, Mexico. It was so much fun that for 2 weeks after our return to the states, I couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted to own one.

After going back and forth between the Suzuki Bergman 400 and the Majesty, we found a Majesty at our local Yamaha dealer and checked it out. We left that evening with a 2007 Majesty 400 in Galaxy Blue with zero miles on it.

The first ride was a complete joy, and it just gets better after every ride. Acceleration is excellent and braking is even more amazing. You sit about eye level with people driving SUV's and for me at 6' tall, I can see over car roofs.

It's a solid and smooth ride and there isn't one one bad thing I can say about it. It gives me so much confidence. After every stop light in traffic I leave everyone in the dust. It doesn't even feel like I'm even trying to, it just happens because it's quick.

The seat is very comfortable and my wife feels secure on the back when we ride together. Our first 30 mile day trip was fantastic and it does extremely well on the freeway - again, inspiring confidence.

I'm enjoying this scooter WAY more than I did my Honda 700 Shadow (shaft drive). Not having to worry about shifting gives your mind time to just enjoy the ride. I highly recommend this scooter to everyone who wants to save on gas money, but even more, to just have fun riding!

If you have questions visit the forum at majestyusa dot com. All I want to do anymore is go riding. :D.

Review Date: 8th September, 2008

2007 Yamaha Majesty 400 from United States of America

Model year2007
Year of manufacture2007
Previous motorcycleKymco Kymco S250

Summary:

Love it!!

Nothing has gone wrong!

General Comments:

Yamaha has done it's homework on the Majesty 400. Beautiful design and great engineering.

The bike is very well balanced, and easy to handle and get up on its center stand.

I have owned five other scooters of various sizes. The Majesty is way ahead of any other scooter I have owned, or for that matter test driven. The only scooter close to the Majesty is the Suzuki Burgman.

There are some good deals on left over 07 Majesty's. The 08 has some minor changes but basically the 07 and 08's are the same scooter. If you are lucky you might find one at your dealer.

I recommend the Majesty 400 without reservation.

Review Date: 4th May, 2008