21st Mar 2013, 06:33

I have a 82 Yamaha XJ750 Maxim that I am restoring. I need the right side battery cover. Anybody know where I can get one?

7th Apr 2013, 10:50

I know your comment was two years ago but maybe this could help someone else reading. There is a wheel located between the number 2 and 3 carbs; it's your idle adjustment. Counter clockwise turns down the RPM, and clockwise ups the RPM.

1st Jun 2013, 15:36

Bikez.com has all the info you need for these. Just go down their list of Yamahas.

27th Sep 2013, 06:38

You need to have a bigger draw; most make the mistake in going low amp draw LED, and find also the charging system may not like it as well. Go back to regular 1156 or 57.

8th Apr 2014, 05:05

I'm having the same problem. I've been looking for one for over a year and a half; it's just best to make one out of sheet metal with some shears and spray paint.

15th Apr 2014, 16:40

Just bought a 1982 750 Maxim with a little over 5000 miles on it. The bike runs great and is all original. Just have a little trouble getting used to the clutch; real touchy, but a great riding motorcycle. Fast and nimble around town.

11th May 2014, 18:42

Look on eBay, they are on there all the time.

11th Jul 2014, 22:09

I bought my 82/XJ750 Maxim last summer. I cleaned the carbs, bought a new battery, and the baby was on the road and running great. Unfortunately it was short lived; it starts fine, I can raise and lower the RPM just fine, but I put it in gear and hit the throttle, and it barely moves. I can get up to maybe 15mph. If anyone could help point me in the right direction, that would be great.

1st Aug 2014, 03:05

These bike have an oil bathed (sp) clutch. When they sit for a long time, only half the clutch is submerged and the other half dries out, and rusts or gums up. It's a simple clutch job, change it and you're good to go. Also, check out the XJBikes web site. There is a load of information there.