15th Sep 2013, 14:42

Update: Today the 250R passed 14 000 km on the meter. Still no problems, not even a broken light bulb. The original IRC tires are also still on the bike, and not worn out... The bike continues to impress me...

28th Apr 2014, 13:10

The same bike passed 18 000 km (about 11200 miles). The original IRC tires are still on the bike, but the rear tire should be changed any day. Chain and sprockets are soon worn out, I'm afraid. Apart from that, zero problems.

11th Aug 2014, 20:54

At about 19000 km the rear tire was changed. Chain and sprockets were changed at the same time. The main bulb for the headlight has also been replaced.

22010 km today. No other replacements or repairs, so far.

16th Oct 2014, 21:47

26020 km today. No real problems, but I notice that the gear shifts receive some "resistance" at times, especially at the higher gears, from 4th to 5th, or 5th to 6th.

The highest gas consumption to date was registered today; 0.42 l / 10 km (first time over 0.4 l/10 km, and I think I have never been below 0.36 l/10 km, even during the break-in period, going at max 40 mph).

30th Nov 2014, 16:47

26810 km yesterday. I remember that the workshop mentioned that the steering head bearings might need some work soon, both at the 18 000 km and the 24 000 km service.

22nd Jun 2015, 11:31

30800 km today, and just picked it up after the 30k km service (~19200 miles).

Original front tire and brake pads were changed.

4th Aug 2016, 09:24

33800 kilometers on the bike today. It has been stored for almost a year, due to a stay abroad (California). It ran a little bit lousy, feeling like at least 15-20% of the power had gone, for the first days. A dash of condensate remover and Tunap, combined with newer gasoline, as the days went by, seem to have cured it. Now it runs solid again.

Took it on a 400 mile trip to Sweden last weekend, and it runs great. The engine sounds fine, has very little vibrations and no unpleasant sounds at all. Impressive and very fun, this bike. I have 5 other bikes, from 50 to 1100 cc, but mostly ride the Ninja 250R. It's simply so fun and good to ride.

10th Sep 2016, 07:49

I picked it up from the 36000 km service yesterday. It got a new Metzeler rear tire, oil and filter and some minor stuff done. Chain and sprockets are worn. That means the 2nd set will probably have to be replaced again soon. The engine runs very well, with no odd noises. Great bike.

25th Sep 2016, 14:06

37300 km now. Recently I have noticed a very tiny leakage from the left fork seal. I have ordered a product called Seal Mate, which I will try before I go for an expensive 3500-4000 NOK / 450 USD replacement.

7th Dec 2016, 17:18

38555 kilometers now. Season seems to have ended. The Seal Mate tool seemed to work. No leaking fork seal now. After almost 40k km I haven't had a single unexpected problem with the 250R, as far as I can remember. Lots of fun with this bike.