2005 Suzuki Boulevard M50 Reviews - Page 3 of 3

First year of ownership2006
Most recent year of ownership2006

Summary:

An amazing machine for the price!!!

Nothing has gone wrong with this motorcycle thus far.

General Comments:

The handling on this motorcycle is second to none, it grips the road like glue.

Don't even get me started on acceleration, all I can say is don't wail on the gas in first while pulling away, damn.

Just put on a set of Cobra Street rod exhausts, a sissy bar (for the ladies) and a set of new forward controls moving my feet 3 1/2 inches forward, the bike looks mint.

Review Date: 2nd July, 2006

First year of ownership2006
Previous motorcycleHonda CB750 Nighthawk

Summary:

Smooth and reliable

Nothing as of yet.

General Comments:

I have had the M50 for a couple of weeks now. I couldn't be happier with it. I ride it to work and on the weekends.

It has plenty of power for me and is super smooth. The water cooled engine and fuel injection are a huge plus.

My wife rides a few times a month, and she has said it is very comfy also.

I did a lot of research on magazine reviews and couldn't find a bad review.

Overall, this is a great cruiser and would be a great bike for anyone looking at this type of bike, or for someone leaving the sportbike world.

Review Date: 19th June, 2006

2005 Suzuki Boulevard M50 from South Africa

Distance when acquired250 kilometres
Most recent distance4200 kilometres
Previous motorcycleSuzuki DR250hc

No faults.

General Comments:

The only thing wrong with this bike is that it is too quiet. I drilled out the baffles, drilled 6 10mm holes in the end plate, and added a Power Commander. It now scares all the wild animals - four and two legged alike - off the road ahead of me.

The only pains I have after a long ride are my sore cheek muscles from grinning like an idiot for so long.

The handling is great for what it is, and scraping the pedals is not what this bike is about.

Review Date: 5th April, 2006

Most recent year of ownership2005

Summary:

I would only get rid of this bike if I could afford a Mean Streak

Absolutely perfect, there have been no issues or recalls thus far.

General Comments:

This bike is fantastic. I was shocked at the acceleration on this machine. For a cruiser, the sport aspect of it is tremendous.

Suzuki hit the ball out of the park with this bike. Too many attributes to list them all.

The only thing I don't like is the seat. It is still a stiff seat and causes a little numbness to the hind quarter.

Review Date: 5th November, 2005

17th Feb 2006, 17:26

This is by far, the most underrated mid-sized cruiser on the market. for anyone to have any negative feedback on this bike, is plain and simply, wrong.

The bike handles exceptionally well, single or riding double. Even with travel gear attached (sissy bar luggage, etc. and a passenger), it was a breeze riding endless distances.

The cornering and the balance of this bike are impeccable. Shifting is a cinch, acceleration is smooth, and the braking on the bike is fantastic.

Traffic crawling is worryless, due to the bike's low sling seating, enabling the driver to keep the bike balanced, no matter what speed.

I'm a small framed guy, and this bike, no matter what the load, traffic or road condition, is by far, the best bike I've ever owned or ridden, hands down. Tommy Messore.

8th Mar 2006, 09:26

I have owned a 2005 blue M50 since October of 05. I have to say that it's an excellent bike, looks great, turns heads everywhere, and Harley purists wish it were a Harley. I am super happy with it.

One single little problem is that I received a recall letter for the ignition switch. That's all.

I love the EFI, the inverted forks, and the big fat wheel upfront. It has to be by far much cooler than any other cruiser in its class.

Loving it, keep riding

M50 rules.

Most recent year of ownership2005
Previous motorcycleSuzuki DRZ400S

Summary:

It's a cheap bike, and it feels cheap

Needed a tune up at 3000 miles. It was running rough, backfiring, and blowing black smoke out the exhaust.

General Comments:

I hate it! It's hard to handle, and very uncomfortable. This bike is unstable, and unsafe at high speeds, with vibration, and wandering all over the road. The uneven center of gravity makes it almost impossible to take simple curves. It's too heavy, the handle bars are too far forward, it's like you are holding on for your life riding it.

Would you buy another motorcycle from this manufacturer? No

Review Date: 24th September, 2005

19th Oct 2005, 22:00

After reading the review on the M50, I totally disagree. I have a Volusia.. the same bike. It's the best bike I ever rode - handling, comfort, reliability, performance, looks.

The M50 Boulevard is an upgraded Volusia with fuel ingection. These bikes have the lowest vibration for any 45 degree v twin out there. You must have been riding a 1975 Harley Sportster. I had one.. or maybe you got a lemon?

I can't find one thing I don't like about that Suzuki.. you get a lot of bike for the price.. thank you..