1991 Yamaha XVZ1300D Venture Royale from United States of America

Summary:

Fabulous

Stater went out at approx 60k, and the clutch slips when hot.

General Comments:

I have been cycling for nearly 40 yrs. I have never had a more comfortable, reliable, quick motorcycle. I admittedly have never owned or ridden something in the Hayabusa class, but the Venture NEVER lacked for power, handling and braking under any conditions.

Unfortunately I hit something slick one day and I broke a lot of plastic and a bunch of my bones, not to mention my pride. I healed, but I have yet to repair the damage to my trusty mount. I have other bikes, but I would dearly like to restore him to at least ridable condition.

I have not enjoyed another bike quite as much as the Venture, before or since. I presently ride a Goldwing and it is nice, but doesn't hold a candle to the Venture.

If you know of any source of fairing parts for a 91 Venture Royale, please email me.

Thank you. Gary at; garyimpett@yahoo.com

Review Date: 11th January, 2010

9th Oct 2014, 16:48

Had a similar mishap. Did you check eBay? I managed to get all the parts I needed for under 200 USD.

Hope this helps, Gene.

1984 Yamaha XVZ1300D Venture Royale from United States of America

Summary:

Not a bad touring bike for the money

Seat was worn and split.

Trunk and saddle bags cracked.

Gear shifter was loose and worn.

General Comments:

The bike handled good and had plenty of power.

Compared to my current bike (1994 Honda Goldwing GL1500), the frame of the Venture Royale was not very sturdy, especially when carrying a passenger.

Review Date: 31st August, 2008

1986 Yamaha XVZ1300D Venture Royale from United States of America

Summary:

Superb!

During the time I owned my 1986 Venture, all I did was regular maintenance.

General Comments:

Very dependable, very quick, very comfortable! I would love to find another one with fairly low miles.

markllano@hotmail.com

Review Date: 2nd July, 2008

25th Oct 2014, 23:48

Hello, I just read your comment and was just wondering if you are still riding your Venture Royale? I picked one up with 1040 miles on it this last January 2014. The mileage is correct, one thousand and forty miles. It was unheard of as I have never seen a bike like this in perfect condition having everything working.

I just turned her over to the two thousand mile mark. She handles like a brand new bike.

Let me know if you are riding and maybe we can keep in touch.

Semper Fidelis, Rob.

1984 Yamaha XVZ1300D Venture Royale from Canada

Summary:

Very powerful touring bike

The only defective item on this bike has been 2nd gear.

It has deteriorated to the point where it can no longer tolerate heavy acceleration in second gear, without popping into neutral.

The clutch had to be replaced at about 85,000 Km. At the point before replacement, it would slip slightly under hard acceleration in 4th and 5th gear.

General Comments:

Hands down the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. After a full day's ride, I can get off and feel like I've only been riding for an hour.

Huge amount of power for a bike this size (754 lbs.).

Slow speed handling is second to none for a bike this size, but you better have both feet well planted when it's standing still. Very top heavy. When it's moving, you don't even notice the weight.

The styling is very sleek and unique. I would never have considered this bike before I took one for a test ride. Now I wouldn't ride anything else (and I've ridden a lot of bikes).

Lots of luggage space. Great touring bike.

Review Date: 21st May, 2008

1st Jul 2010, 22:51

Looking for timing specs for my 1986 Yamaha Royal Venture?

5th Aug 2012, 13:11

Interesting similarity.

I also upgraded from a Honda CB900C to a 1986 Venture (not Royal, but on the way to becoming close, after original radio is installed, Project #1).

I have similar observation regarding slow speed handling, or exactly "legging" while standing: 2 feet on the ground!

I was also looking for other than a Venture bike until this one came up (reasonable advertised asking price can make wonders).

I'm happy so far.

I'll wait with posting my own comments until more miles are acquired. It is at approx. 800 miles now.

I keep a very detailed log of expenses and fuel mileage (for tax reasons). Will keep you and others posted to know what the potential used vehicle buyers will be facing. Hopefully not much, as this vehicle's reliability is not affected by its age. So what others are saying. We'll see.