1996 Honda VF750C Magna from United States of America

Summary:

Reliable, fast, stylish, economical, practical

Nothing.

General Comments:

I've owned a few V45 & V65 1980's Sabres & Magnas. This 96 is just as reliable, fun, and powerful as those classic machines.

I bought it for $850 from the car dealership I work at.

The original owner had laid it down at low speed on 1 side & traded it immediately for a car. With only 2800 miles on it, I bought it right away. I fixed the tank, throttle grip, foot peg, put on a new windshield etc. all for about $500. It looks just like it came off the showroom floor.

It's a great all around machine. Commuting, long distance trips, twisties, boulevard cruising.

This 96 Magna combined with an 02 FZ1 & 05 KTM 300 EXC make motorcycling my favorite activity.

Review Date: 6th February, 2011

7th Apr 2011, 10:48

Great review.

I'm in the market for a 1996 that has 9000 miles on it currently. This comment is to the reviewer, but also anyone who would like to chime in. Here is the question:

How many miles can one expect out of the v45 engine realistically before any serious rebuild must be done?

I see you have accumulated some miles since you purchased the bike - still running strong?

10th Apr 2011, 18:34

I just changed the oil today after 3000 miles, and it looked almost clean. Total miles are 15300.

How many miles can you expect to get out of the 750 V4?

I would say as long as you perform routine maintenance, you should be able to get at least 100,000 miles, if not many more.

The most important thing you can do to prolong engine life is change the oil regularly. I change it at 3000 miles. Read the owners manual and follow the recommended maintenance schedule.

This includes things like valve clearance, coolant, spark plugs, air filter, chain & sprockets, tires, fork oil,

brake fluid, brake pads & shoes, and others.

Thank you for responding to my post. Now I'm going riding!

21st Mar 2014, 23:42

Update: 3-20-14

The 96 Magna now has 18900 miles and still runs excellent. I put on a new rear tire last summer at 17800.

I plan on taking it out of the garage from winter storage this weekend. I'm sure the battery is still good because I put the battery tender on it overnight every couple weeks.

I purchased a 05 FJR 1300 last summer while on vacation and sold the 02 FZ1 in Feb.

I have no plans to sell this Magna anytime soon.

I've owned it for 10 years -- how time flies!

1995 Honda VF750C Magna from United States of America

Summary:

Love it

Rectifier.

General Comments:

Handles great.

Good take off. Lots top end.

Makes me nervous; it's too fast.

Review Date: 23rd August, 2010

1998 Honda VF750C Magna from United States of America

Summary:

It's an exhilarating, quick, well handling power cruiser at a low price

Nothing has ever gone wrong with this Magna.

General Comments:

Like so many other Magna riders know, this bike is a super fun, super quick, great handling, power cruiser. I've ridden a bunch of cruisers that are fat & lazy compared to the aggressive Magna, that can tone it down around town too.

I have forward pegs, air horn, side bags, A/C power for GPS, DE-baffled pipes with a re-jet. The latter picked up horsepower to 84. My Harley-Davidson riding buddies have outspent me 3 or 4 fold, can't keep up and shell out a lot more than me for upkeep. I will not sell my Magna. I kept it while I moved to Italy for 5 years riding an April there. I'm thrilled every time I climb on.

Review Date: 2nd August, 2010

1996 Honda VF750C Magna from United States of America

Summary:

The best bang for the buck!!!

Nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

This bike is just the most bang for the buck. I paid $4,000 for this immaculately kept Honda, and received over $1200 in accessories. This bike is fast, very reliable, and I truly wonder why anyone needs a more expensive motorcycle, it can keep up with the 1800 VTX Honda, handles the twisties, and has great gas mileage.

Full coverage insurance with high limits is only $100.00 per year, with only a $250.00 deductible, and $3,000 in accessory coverage, this is for collision, theft, fire and anything else that you can think of.

Great bike, a great deal for not so much money.

Review Date: 13th July, 2009