9th Jul 2013, 16:01

I'm very interested to learn more about your "cross wiring" process for your front turn signals. Right now, I have my new lights hooked up, but they only turn on with no flash.

Did you connect the constant running wire with the ground wire?

Any more info about this would be great.

Thanks.

17th Aug 2013, 14:31

I have just purchased an 86 Intruder.

The only issue that I can see with the bike right now is that I can't get the choke cable pulled completely out. If I hold onto it, I can keep it out, but if I let go it retracts to 1/4 the way out.

Can anybody help me here on how to fix it, or does it need replacing?

31st Aug 2013, 14:59

I have the seat you need, chewbie2112 on eBay. Took it off my 87 700, which I turned into a bobber. I am also having carb troubles. I feel your pain.

4th Aug 2014, 23:24

I have purchased a 1986 Suzuki Intruder. Can tell me the most needed parts to only start the engine?

3rd Dec 2014, 18:48

Don't worry about the seat height and distance to the handle bar. I'm 5'6" and have a '86 VS700 Intruder. The seat is low so it fits me fine.

24th Mar 2015, 18:07

Try the starter solenoid behind the fuse box. If the carbs are good and there's no gas leak, it should fire right up.

27th Mar 2015, 12:49

You can jump start the bike very easy. I had the battery run flat on me twice by turning off the bike in parking mode (key up). I asked a bystander to give me a push and had it started instantly.

13th Apr 2015, 21:56

The tool bag is located in the sissy bar back rest. It's a hidden compartment.

6th May 2015, 08:47

I just bought a custom made seat cover (the old one ripped) that is guaranteed to fit the stock foam. Problem is, the foam is a bit messed up as well. Any idea where to find replacement foam?

31st Dec 2015, 00:15

Hi there, I also had trouble locating the battery. It is located UNDERNEATH the bike. Disconnect both terminals and there are 2 bolts under the bike that hold a little door up for the battery. Notice though that you will either have to put the bike on an upright stand, or CAREFULLY set it on its side "I set mine on its side on some old piece if carpet". Once you undo the 2 bolts to the door, the battery should then drop out. Good luck!

11th Jan 2016, 14:20

Hello. Do you live in Finland and do you still have the Suzuki VS700? I am in Finland too and just got a used VS700 and would like some advice. Thank you.

jbeto77@gmail.com. Best Regards.

16th Apr 2016, 00:12

Anyone know where I can find a used loom for my 86 Intruder?

Has anyone ever tried hooking up a Thunderheart Productions controller and wiring to one of these bikes?

23rd Apr 2016, 18:38

I bought my '86 VS700 back in 1995. It now has 28K on it. Always garage kept & maintained. I replaced the stock brick with a Corbin Gunfighter years ago & upgraded to Progressive suspension front & rear. Shimmed the carb needles to eliminate a bit of sag at part throttle, but I'm still running stock jets. This bike easily gets over 50 MPG (once on a mileage run I got 56 MPG).

I have other bikes, but still enjoy riding the Intruder.

They are just great running & looking motorcycles.

I like the narrow, lean look of them.

Maintain them and they will keep going & going... just like this thread.

16th May 2016, 03:30

I am very interested in these bikes. I've been building an 86 vs 700 for a while, stopping on occasion to have her out... anyway I'm trying to get her back up and running, but maybe with a Thunder Heart? I've stripped this harness and reshaped it twice, and it's just still a mess without doing something new here.

Will a Thunder Heart or like ignition module work in this bike?

I think it can, just hoping for some help, thanks.

Sieklist@gmail.com

18th May 2016, 20:39

Hello, I just bought a 1986 VS700. Is there any programmable computer you can put on these bikes, and has anyone ever ran a new brake light? Mine has been cut and I don't know where it starts and where it ends.