2004 Yamaha V-Star 1100 from United States of America - Comments

25th Sep 2011, 12:51

I am thinking that your drips are due to too much oil. Lower the oil level in the sight glass to about half or little less than half.

25th Sep 2011, 12:55

I believe that a short might cause your situation, or the alternator/generator are sucking the juice out of your battery, causing it to weaken faster than normal. What's the time limit for the battery failing relatively quick?

28th Sep 2011, 22:22

Oil in the breather box is totally normal for the 1100 V Star. The dealer says they make an after market baffle to be fitted in the box to prevent this problem. The baffle itself directs the crank case blow-by directly into the manifold to be re-burned. I believe, if the engine had a P.C.V. system, it wouldn't have this problem to begin with. A simple P.C.V. system would make it run better and improve emissions.

10th Jan 2012, 20:14

V-Star Custom 1100 2004

Hi, already wrote some comments about heavy vibrations. I have the same problem. Heavy vibration starting at 50 mph, and it gets worse at higher speeds. It's not a tire balance problem, because I pull the clutch and it sleeps..

It all started when I changed the rear tire.. I'm lost on this one.. I've had it checked by the dealer.. they have no clue..

I don't enjoy the bike as I used to, since that vibration problem.

Have you found the problem on yours?

Thanks.

Yves

Montréal, Canada

7th Mar 2012, 07:31

That noise you can here is the electric fuel pump; perfectly normal. It stops once the carb float bowls are primed.

23rd May 2012, 13:16

I have a 2003 1100, and when I first got it, I felt the same thing. The dealer told me when the motor is over 3500 RPM, you feel it due to it being a solid mount. I just got used it.

23rd May 2012, 13:20

If you change the pipe, you must re-jet the carbs. I did not, and at 18,000 I'm having valve problems!!!

2nd Jun 2012, 07:53

Had the same thing happen, and when I looked into it, got this info off the net.

There is a too-narrow oil passage that relates to the sensor that can cause a false low oil pressure signal. Apparently the 1100 V-Star has always been this way, and probably always will be.

My guess is that Yamaha sees this as a minor nuisance, and to open the passage is not worth their effort.

In two years this has happened to me twice.

7th Jun 2012, 08:40

Do you have the name of forward control company? I need those (254-537-2002). Thanks.

2nd Aug 2012, 23:06

Hi, I haven't had any comments on that bad vibration problem at high RPM. Did you find what was the problem? Mine is the same..

Thanks.

Yves

Montréal, Canada.

27th Aug 2012, 19:16

I just wanted to respond to the post on the V Star 1100 in regard to ticking after adding the Hyper-exhaust. As I have had mechanics tell me, the valves are noisy, but I have found the butterfly flaps are making the ticking sound, which is sometimes confused with valve ticking. Once they realized this, they have all agreed.

24th Sep 2012, 16:41

Hi. I am John. I just bought a 04 Yamaha V-Star 1100, and can't pass emissions because it's putting too much gas out when driving. What do I need to do to reduce the problem that I am having, so it can pass emissions?

23rd Jun 2013, 11:04

Put a full face helmet on and the noises disappear.

13th Jul 2014, 02:58

My brother and I just bought a 1100 V-Star 2005 and had it serviced to the tune of $1300, and after we got it back, it ran good for a few days, then it went downhill fast. Fuel mileage was cut in half and it stalls constantly. Every shop is busy for 3 weeks, so I found a shop that would look at it. The rear carb intake was filled with gas!!! Any ideas as to why this would happen?

The guy who did the "tune up" only cleaned the carbs and intake. Found a bit of oil in the air box.

This bike only has 4000 km on it. Help!!!

27th Jul 2014, 20:39

You overfilled the oil level.

Add another comment

Note: A Comments RSS Feed is available.